Friday, June 3, 2022

What is the difference between a blog and a vlog?

 

I am back! I am here to explain the difference between a blog and a vlog. Both are logs in which you can explore various topics for your audience to read. A blog is a webpage and a vlog is a video log. I have made an excess of YouTube vlogs during the 2021-2022 television season, and while I definitely have plans to make more in the future, because I want to review more episodes and films every Saturday for the 2022-2023 season, I decided to make less vlogs going forward and make blog posts about topics that do not need a full video because they would be less interesting to hear about as a vlog post than a blog post. It is much easier to write a blog post when I can actually think things through, than to come up with what to say on the spot in real time for a vlog post. I see other people writing blogs about various things, and then I realize I can make money from views on blogs for interesting subjects people want to hear about as much as I can make money from views on YouTube videos I make.

The link to my YouTube channel is here. https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCxQEVa9ZGj82dhEJNn-y-ng/videos

I still have plans in the future to write Screenrant-type blog posts about those ten cartoons I mentioned in my previous post, and I hope they get a lot of views in the year after I post them, but for now I just want to focus on...

  1. Sharing my thoughts and feelings about Higglytown Heroes in a simple manner which will be easier to get my thoughts out than an entire 22-minute video
  2. Listing some good, little-known cartoons where you may have seen the main voice actors of Friendship is Magic and Littlest Pet Shop before 2010
  3. Writing blog posts for ten book series for kids that I have read and want to encourage other people to read
  4. My initial thoughts about Big Mouth, Central Park, Family Guy and The Simpsons getting new voice actors of color in 2020 and how I applied that knowledge to ChalkZone, Steven Universe, Star vs. the Forces of Evil and OK KO: Let's Be Heroes
  5. Rank every modern English-language late night talk show still going in 2020-2021 by which are most to least like The Patrick Star Show's brand of humor (I am very partial to Seth Meyers)

The reason why I rarely make any blog posts is because I have been very busy with school and college, and even in my free time, I usually just catch up on films and television shows I want to watch or walk to interesting places or make my own YouTube videos and write scripts instead of writing blog posts because I never actually saw the potential for blog viewership before now, like I did with YouTube. Since I only had 176 subscribers on YouTube when I made this post, I can certainly put in the time for new blog posts. I am sorry for having no activity on this blog in 1 1/2 years. I can keep adding new characters to the Prometheus School of R.A.F.T.s if I pay attention to such running scenes in any film or television I watch. My Screenrant-type posts are things I will only have time to finish if I do them once a month - which is also the bare minimum amount of new YouTube content I would make if I was busy with offline things when I devoted my time to scriptwriting, or wanted to play online games based on my favorite cartoons because I wanted a break from all of the online work of posting new videos and blog pages.

No comments:

Post a Comment